Friday, May 31, 2013

Regret


I have done plenty of things in my life that I regret. Lately Satan has highlighted several bad choices I made nearly 20 years ago and keeps throwing them back in my face. How different would my life be had I made better choices? I should have known better. What was I thinking? His accusations of me have been effective.

Regret leads nowhere good. Regret turns to jealousy, turns to bitterness and anger, turns to resentment and to feeling unworthy and depressed.

Regret is not of God. We've all made mistakes we need to be redeemed from but Jesus paid the price for us and forgives us when we ask. 

Personally, I have a hard time forgiving myself. Especially when I know I knew better. It's a trap from the devil really. He promotes you to sin, then when you do he won't let you forget it.

If you're a child of God you can forget it because Jesus has already forgotten your mistake when you asked for forgiveness. 

If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and cleanse us from all unrighteousness. I John 1:9

So child of God, regret not more! You're a child of the One true King.

Hello, my name is regret
I’m pretty sure we have met
Every single day of your life
I’m the whisper inside
That won’t let you forget

Hello, my name is defeat
I know you recognize me
Just when you think you can win
I’ll drag you right back down again
‘Til you’ve lost all belief

These are the voices, these are the lies
And I have believed them, for the very last time
Hello, my name is child of the one true King
I’ve been saved, I’ve been changed, and I have been set free
“Amazing Grace” is the song I sing
Hello, my name is child of the one true King

I am no longer defined
By all the wreckage behind
The one who makes all things new
Has proven it’s true
Just take a look at my life
What love the Father has lavished upon us
That we should be called His children
I am a child of the one true King

~ Matthew West, Hello My Name Is

Focus on His purposes for you. On His plan for your life. God is good!

I will not be chained down by regret. I have been redeemed and set free of the way I used to live. I am not a victim to it anymore. Now that I am free I will live my life according to God's will and will live out His plan for my life. No longer a victim I will shout the praises of God from the mountain tops, to the hillside and yes, even in the valleys of my life.

I have been set free.
I have been made clean.
Jump and shout for joy!
I am no longer a slave.
I am free!

So if the Son sets you free you are free indeed. 
John 8:36

You will keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on you, because he trusts in you. Isaiah 23:6

No comments:

Post a Comment