Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Years the locusts have eaten...

            "I will restore to you the years that the swarming locusts has eaten..."  Joel 2:25

       I have little children now though I'm in my mid-thirties.  Many people think my husband and I are in our twenties because we look young and have young children.  The truth is we have an amazing God who is faithful to His promises.
     I used to be upset when people thought I was younger then what I am.  I figured they thought I was unwise.  I took it as a slam to my character.  Recently God changed my thinking and I've come to understand this actually shows how awesome God's character is - to redeem me, restore me, and set me on His path.  The Lord has restored to me the years that the enemy tried stealing from me, whether it was from unwise choices on my part or circumstances I found myself in.  The Lord has given those back to me and a 2nd chance at marriage and a family.  This is a picture of what God does for His people.  How He is faithful to His promises.

     Forgive me Lord of my selfishness and pride for thinking this was about me.  Thank you for your amazing power of restoration.  My life is more then I ever imagined and getting better with each day as you refine me.

    How great is our God!!!


    
 

No comments:

Post a Comment