Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Adjusting to Change

It's been an adjustment for me to get up early and have true quiet time with the Lord.  I LOVE my quiet time but I have to get used to getting up early faithfully and getting to bed earlier so the morning isn't so rough.  Have to be honest.  I haven't gotten up at 6:30 each morning.  I'm learning I should get up earlier then I originally thought.  I truly cherish quiet time with the Lord and haven't given myself enough time.  For this girl who's never been a morning person, this is amazing.  I used to think they should make it illegal to have to get up to early.  The Lord gave me Jeremiah 33:3 as a promise for me.  "Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know."  I love it, especially since I've had so many questions for the Lord lately (mainly questions on direction). 

I've also gotten sick and tired of my stomach hurting constantly.  I've asked the Lord to heal me and I've been discovering the root of why my stomach hurts so much.  It's been this way since I was a teen, at least.  There are many roots but the first one the Lord is having me deal with is my diet.  I'm trying to eat healthy.  Not only is this a gift for me but also for my family.  A healthier me is a happier me and I can teach my children how to eat healthy so they will no longer suffer the same stomach issues.  It's been helping which is wonderful.  Adjusting your diet and your sleep is not easy though.  I've been learning the meaning of self-discipline.  It's hard to do changes that effect your lifestyle, your whole day.  That's what God wants from us though.  If He is truly going to be the Lord of our lives we must give Him every part.  Including sleep and diet.  There should be no area of our lives that we tell the Lord He cannot have.  It's not about the sacrifices we make, it's about obedience.  "To obey is better then sacrifice." II Samuel 15:22  It's a process of cleansing not only our minds and spirits but our bodies too.  As a result God's purpose for us can be lived out with more energy and effectiveness.  Easy to say, not easy to do.  I know some of my friends are also striving to be healthier.  I'll be sure to pray for you and encourage you to keep on keeping on.  Be sure to do this to set yourself apart for the Lord and don't let anything take your focus off of Jesus. 

No comments:

Post a Comment