Monday, June 4, 2012

Sticky as play-doh


My children were playing with play-doh and my 3year old daughter had found something more interesting to do so she walked away leaving her play-doh on her desk. I walked in the room and saw she had one color broken into a lot of pieces. I could tell if they sat there much longer they'd dry out. So I squished them together to make one clump. Then I realized that's like us Christians. When we are off on our own we will quickly dry up but in unity we can hold each other together, keep each other from drying out. We become soft, moldable and sticky again. Our brokenness is healed. That's not just going to church but getting plugged in with people in the body of Christ. Summer is a great time to get together, enjoy life together and encourage each other.  Have a great summer!

1 comment:

  1. Good point! I think summer is the time people seem to break off from one another more than other times because there are so many summer activities to keep them busy. Thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete