Monday, March 4, 2013

My Faith Stretcher

Hello everyone!  I just wanted to blog about how life is going and ask you all to pray for a few things.  I know I mentioned some things on facebook but there's not enough room to say all I wanted to say. 

So I've been on gluten-free diet for two months now and it really has been helping.  My abdominal pain is gone.  It doesn't burn when I eat food anymore (unless I accidentally eat some gluten).  Some of my joint pain has gone away, I'm not as weak and tired and my weight loss has slowed down.  Thank you Lord for that.  For about three weeks though I've had a few digestion problems that seem to have worsen.  I don't want to go to the Dr but think I may have to.  I've done alot of research but there is just a point when you need the doctors help.  However, I was sitting in MOPS this evening and it occurred to me I haven't asked my friends to pray about this for me.  I have been going to God personally but I really felt I should ask my friends and family to pray too, BEFORE going to the Dr.  So if you would please pray for me I'd appreciate it.  These verses keep popping out on me that say God will heal all your diseases.  I believe that.  I know that.  Just waiting for it.

Next, I figured since you're already at the throne of God, please pray for Marc and I and our finances.  Other verses that have been popping out at me have been how God provides for His people not just enough but more then enough.  So much blessing that you will not have enough room in your storehouses for it.  Malachi 3:10  That was for those who faithfully tithe by the way.  We are BIG believers on tithing.  Oh man, don't get me on that one.  That's a blog for another day. 

So I was in my quite time the other day and was reading John 15 and I felt inspired to ask the Lord for a financial miracle.  I hesitated before actually giving my request to the Lord because I wasn't sure what might happen but figured we're pretty well set up now, with our financial challenges.  It was that same day I had a dentist appointment and found out I need $3000 worth of dental work done.  They gave us an application to help us with payments but what it really is is a loan and something just didn't feel right about it.  I decided not to go that route.  Then we discovered we need another dependable car, one that can travel to Omaha and we got a really big Dr. bill.  Squeezed in between all this, God asked us to give, what is to us, a bigger amount above our tithe.  You see, our money is not really our money.  When I say our I mean everybody on the planet.  It belongs to God.  Everything on Earth belongs to God.  He lends it to us and asks us to be good stewarts of it.  Not just money but every good blessing, kids, houses, cars, friends, our spouse.  God has given us those good things.  Now, how are you going to use them?  This is where free will comes in.  God commands us to give Him a tenth (the tithe) not for Him because He already owns it but for us.  It's a faith stretcher.  An attitude adjustment and shows where our priorities really are.  He commands a tenth but it's an even bigger faith stretcher to decide to glorify Him with whatever He asks.  Even if that hits the pocketbook.  So, I was discussing it with my husband and weighing what God asked of us and the more we talked about it the more we knew we had to obey. 

This may sound crazy to many but it reminds me of the children of Israel when they came to Jericho.  God gave them that city. Just like He says He will poor out His blessing on those who faithfully tithe.  So the blessing is for my husband and I.  He said the city was theirs but the people in the city wouldn't give up without a fight.  Just like Satan (yes he is real) won't hand over what he stole from us. 

So God gives the Isrealites directions.  Walk around the walls of Jericho one time each day for six days and the seventh day walk around seven times, then the priests will blow their horns and everyone is to yell and the walls will fall down.  Whenever I hear this story I think of how Veggie Tales tells it.  It's so perfect how they visualize it.  So right now I have Veggie Tales going through my head.  Anyway, these directions seemed crazy.  Hmm... Just like my praying for help, then getting lots of bills and instead of money given to us God asks money from us.  That may seem crazy.  To me it sounds like God has something up His sleeve (and it's a BIG sleeve).  Sounds like He's positioning us to see a BIG financial miracle but He wants to know...will we trust Him?  Will we obey?  A faith stretcher indeed.

Last thing, I want to tell you this story.  It's so cool and true.  At church a couple Sundays ago they had some young adults who are going on a missions trip go forward to get prayed for.  At the beginning of the first service the missions team was still $10,000 short of what they needed.  They took an offering and God provided for them $11,000.  My jaw dropped.  Financial miracles are amazing to me.  You don't hear of them very often.  Not big ones anyway.  I got to thinking and all those verses promising blessing and healing are for everyone.  God doesn't say,"I will heall all your diseases and bless you.  Except for Hilary Mason (insert your name there)."  No He doesn't say that.  They are for everyone.   
        
So there is my very long prayer request.  Now you see why I couldn't write it all on fb:)
Thanks for your prayers and your love. 

No comments:

Post a Comment