Tuesday, March 26, 2013

My job


Today it may be cold outside but my heart is warm. Last night I had a dream that I got a job. It was a decent job with decent pay, good benefits and nice hours. Yet something inside bothered me. Something wasn't right because getting a job isn't what I've been called to do. I've been called to be a stay-at-home mom and wife who homeschools her children. No amount of money or position title or benefits can ever take the place of that.

My kids are priceless to me and my husband is irreplaceable. The time I have to spend with them I cherish. Even if I feel like my attention is being split multiple times at the same time. Even though it feels chaotic sometimes. I still cherish it.

I love being able to have dinner on the table when my husband gets home. I love that the Lord has answered my prayers and taught me how to cook. Last night I made homemade mashed potatoes for the first time. They turned out great. I was tickled pink at my accomplishment. I couldn't wait for my husband to come home and see what I made. I felt like my kids when they wait anxiously for daddy to come home so they can show him something new they did or made that day.

I love that the Lord is my boss and my job is to shine the light of Jesus into my kids and to shine what a family who loves the Lord looks like into others.

On this chilly March morning, I may not have a regular paycheck or a benefits package but I get to throw my heart and soul into my husband and kids.

My almost 4yr old daughter said to me yesterday, “You're a very good mommy.” That's worth more to me then any prestigious job title or any certificate hanging on my wall.

Thank you Lord for my job as wife, stay-at-home and homeschool mom.


He settles the childless woman in her home as a happy mother of children. Praise the Lord. Psalm 113:9

No comments:

Post a Comment