Thursday, May 3, 2012

Fulfillment

     Where is your fulfillment?  God wants us to enjoy the blessings He's given us like family, friends, children, and material possesions.  But true fulfillment, satisfaction that reaches deep into the depths of us and satifies our soul; fills the void in our hearts, that fulfillment only comes from God. 
  
     I have to be honest, lately I've been looking to much to people/friends to give me that fulfillment.  We certainly need friends.  It's dangerous and unhealthy to be secluded and not have good Godly friends.  Two are better then one, because they have a good return on their work: If one falls down his friend can help him up.  But pity the man who falls and has no one to help him up! 
Ecclesiates 4:9-10  But I've found myself lately having to do a check my heart and make sure I have the proper perspective.  Friends/people can not take the place of God's true fulfillment.  Be fulfilled by the Lord first, then go enjoy those blessings God has given you. 

     Whom have I in heaven but you?  And Earth has nothing I desire besides you.  My flesh and heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.  Psalm 73:25-26

     I will refresh the weary and satisfy the faint. 
     Jeremiah 31:25

Only by God's Holy Spirit will my soul be satisfied.

No comments:

Post a Comment