Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Faith Statement


Saying you're a Christian today is vague. That means so many different things to different people. I believe there are core christian beliefs. The beliefs that to say you are a christian anywhere in this world you must believe.

Past that there are many different things one Christian believes and the other does not. That is why there are so many different denominations. Personally, I hate these denominational walls. I'm so looking forward to when we're in heaven and there are no more walls. All in heaven will know what absolute truth is. Most of these differences are not so big that it will determine if you will or will not have eternal life. The beliefs that do bring eternal life are the core Christian beliefs. They are very much worth standing up for. So I would like to break it down and say what it is that I believe. The core beliefs.

This is what I believe:
I believe that Jesus Christ is God's son and born of the virgin Mary.
Luke 1:6-7, 31-32, 34-35

That He was fully God and fully man. Colossians 2:9

I believe that Jesus lived a sinless life. II Corinthians 5:21

I believe Jesus died on a cross and that His bloodshed paid for the sins of all mankind. I Corinthians 15:3, Hebrews 9:28

I believe that after being dead for three days He rose from the dead.
I Corinthians 15:4, Luke 24:1-8

Through Him and His work on the cross we are saved from our sins and made right with God. Romans 4:24-25, Hebrews 10:10

I believe that Jesus is the ONLY way to forgiveness of sins and being made right with God. John 14:6 This is the Gospel. The Good News of Jesus Christ.

I believe it is the duty of every believer to spread the gospel.
Matthew 28:18-20

I believe the bible was inspired by the Holy Spirit and is true and without error. II Timothy 3:16

I believe that God is three persons in one; God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit. Matthew 28:19

These are the core Christian beliefs. Beyond that I think you get into denominational differences. It's always wise to be a good Berean. I don't mean the Berean denomination. (Although they will always hold a special place in my heart because my husband and I got married in a Berean church) I'm talking about the Berean's in Acts 17:11 who examined the Scriptures every day to see if what Paul was saying was true. We also need to examine the Scriptures every day so we will be able to tell what is true. It is good to check everyone who speaks or writes about God and what to believe in. It doesn't matter if it's a relative, or pastor, or friend. Matching everything up to Scripture is what we should be doing. Consider the context of the Scripture. The devil is very good at twisting Scripture. That is why we should study Scripture to always know what the truth is.

Be diligent to present yourself approved to God as a workman who does not need to be ashamed, accurately handling the word of truth.
II Timothy 2:15

No comments:

Post a Comment