Tuesday, July 3, 2012

What is seen

     I was going through some of my old journals and found this entry.  I thought it was a good reminder of how we should be looking at ourselves. 

     Today at church my 4 year old son had to go potty.  So I took him and his baby brother into the ladies bathroom.  While waiting for my son I saw myself in the full length mirror.  I haven't lost all my baby weight yet.  It bothers me that my clothes don't fit right.  I was mentally critizing myself and not happy with what I saw.  Then I saw something else.  This beautiful baby boy in my arms was also looking in the mirror giving me the biggest smile.  My attitude changed.  The reason I look the way I do is because four months ago the Lord blessed me with a healthy baby boy.  My fourth child.
I can exercise and lose weight plus time will help.  The important thing is my healthy child (children).

     Interesting how the child I was holding was looking in the same mirror but saw something entirely different.  He saw a mommy that loves him very much and that's all that matters to him.  

     I love that entry.  It was a good attitude check for me.  I love how unbiased babies and small children are.  They look at things in such a pure light.  They don't care about bank accounts or your title or if you don't measure up to your idea of perfect.  They look at you through eyes of love.  They remind me that I need to keep a clear head, see myself through God's eyes.  We all effect more people then we realize.  For moms of younger children, you are so important to them.  You're their world. 

     So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but what is unseen.  For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.   II Corinthians 4:18

      

No comments:

Post a Comment